Foreign Direct Investments in Post Pandemic Asia
LAWASIA in collaboration with the Sabah Law Society (SLS) will be organising a Webinar on “Foreign Direct Investments In Post Pandemic Asia” and sponsored by Invest Sabah Berhad on 29 November 2021.
Foreign direct investment (FDI) flows to developing countries in Asia increased by 4% to $535 billion in 2020, reflecting resilience amid global FDI contraction, according to UNCTAD’s World Investment Report 2021, published on 21 June.
“Despite the pandemic, FDI to and from the region remained resilient in 2020. Developing Asia is the only region recording FDI growth, accounting for more than half of global inward and outward FDI flows” -- UNCTAD
This Webinar will feature keynote addresses from Mr Thomas Logijin, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Industrial Development, Sabah, Malaysia, and Datuk Madiyem Layapan, Chief Executive Officer Cum Director, Invest Sabah Berhad, Malaysia on the FDI Opportunities in Sabah, Malaysia followed by a regional panel of lawyers providing post-pandemic updates in Asia.
The speaker panel will discuss the impact of the Covid 19 pandemic on their respective economies and the impact on FDI and new opportunities in the post-pandemic recovery.
- Date: 29 November 2021
- 15:00 - 17:00 (Bangkok /Hanoi / Jakarta)
- 16:00 - 18:00 (Beijing / Hong Kong / Kuala Lumpur / Taipei)
- 17:00 - 19:00 (Seoul / Tokyo)
- 19:00 - 21:00 (Sydney / Melbourne)
- CPD Points: 2
- Webinar Platform: Zoom
- Registration Fee: Complimentary
Download a flyer here
- Jeff Leong | Co-Chair, LAWASIA Corporate, Securities & Investment Law Committee
- Thomas Logijin | Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Industrial Development, Sabah, Malaysia
- Datuk Madiyem Layapan | Chief Executive Officer Cum Director, Invest Sabah Berhad, Malaysia
- Inka Kirana | Partner at Akset Law, Indonesia
- Fred Kan | Fred Kan & Co, Hong Kong
- Alphonse Nguyen Phuoc Bao Tri | Managing Partner, JLPW Vinh An Legal, Vietnam
- Douglas Mancill | Managing Partner at Legal Analytics and Advocacy (Thailand) Ltd. Thailand
- Jing Lei | Deputy-director of International and Inter-regional Affairs Professional Committee, Capital Equity Legal Group, China
- Dr Loganathan Krishnan | Lecturer, Monash University Malaysia | Malaysia
Notes for attendees
- WEBINAR PLATFORM
Please click here for some useful information and practical tips on how to navigate the webinar platform.
- CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
Certificates are complimentary for current LAWASIA members and a fee of AUD 10 will be applicable for non-members. To apply for LAWASIA membership, please click here.
Please indicate upon registration if you require a certificate of attendance.
Partner with us!
Collaborate with us & raise your international profile
Download the Webinar Sponsorship package for more details.
LAWASIA offers tailored advertising packages to suit every need. Please contact the LAWASIA Secretariat to discuss a customised advertising package today.
Become a LAWASIA member
Membership of LAWASIA offers to individuals and their law firms the opportunity to interact on a regional basis, to build their knowledge and understanding of legal issues and to develop a network of colleagues throughout the world with a common interest in the practice of law in this region.