Rule of Law
4-5 October 2019 | PETALING JAYA, MALAYSIA
LAWASIA Constitutional and Rule of Law
Constitutional Government: The Importance of Constitutional Structures & Institutions
LAWASIA is pleased to invite the participation of members and legal professionals at the LAWASIA Constitutional and Rule of Law Conference, to be held in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia from Friday 4 to Saturday 5 October 2019.
Known as the twin sister of Malaysia’s capital, Kuala Lumpur, Petaling Jaya is easily accessible by road or train from KL's city centre and boasts an abundance of shopping and dining areas for delegates to explore.
We will have the great honour to welcome:
- the Prime Minister of Malaysia (Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamed);
- the Chief Justice of Malaysia (Dato' Seri Utama Tengku Maimun binti Tuan Mat);
- the Speaker of the Lower House of Parliament (Dato Ariff Yusof);
- the Attorney General of Malaysia (Tommy Thomas) and
- the Chairman of the Malaysian Parliamentary Caucus on Governance and Reforms (Dato' Seri Anwar Ibrahim) amongst our esteemed speakers.
LAWASIA’s Constitutional and Rule of Law Committee will present a compelling and informative programme tailored to our members across the region, covering topics such as:
- Separation of Powers in Government;
- The Judicial Role in Public Administration;
- The Non-Judicial Accountability Mechanisms;
- Constitutional Role of the Rulers & the Conference of Rulers in Malaysia;
- Round Table Discussion on Strengthening Constitutional Institutions – Malaysia’s Reform Programme; and
- Different Perspectives in Federalism
Download the detailed program HERE
Download the conference flyer HERE
LAWASIA events are renowned for a collegial atmosphere, networking opportunities and the exchange of knowledge in a regional context that sees regular delegates return year after year.
LAWASIA looks forward to welcoming you to the conference!
AUD200 (Local Delegates)
AUD200 (LAWASIA Members)
Bandar Utama City Centre
47800, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Download a hotel reservation form HERE
Download the program HERE
Please send any enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org