Bar Associations & the Pandemic Response, Revisited
16 March 2022
WATCH THE RECORDING
What’s Next: Bar Associations and the Pandemic Response, Revisited
A joint initiative between LAWASIA and the American Bar Association (ABA)
The first three sessions in this series highlighted the challenges facing bar associations in the pandemic era. While discussions revealed many experiences shared across borders, the depth of challenges and time limitations meant we were only able to scratch the surface of the issues.
The fourth and final session of this series will explore some of the most pressing questions raised during the series focusing on three central themes:
- Due process and access to justice affected by shutdowns and shift to remote hearings and representation.
- Constitutional basis for mandates (masks and vaccinations).
- (Ab)use of emergency authorities or legislation intended to remedy issues such as misinformation to repress political opponents.
Watch webinar recording
Date: Wednesday 16 March 2022
- 22:00 - 23:30 (Seattle - previous day)
- 01:00 - 02:30 (New York)
- 10:30 - 12:00 (Delhi / Colombo)
- 11:00 - 12:30 (Dhaka)
- 12:00 - 13:30 (Bangkok)
- 13:00 - 14:30 (Kuala Lumpur / Hong Kong / Beijing / Singapore)
- 14:00 - 15:30 (Seoul / Tokyo)
- 16:00 - 17:30 (Sydney / Melbourne)
Prof Renée M. Landers
Mr Victor Dawes SC
Mr Burt M. Estrada
Notes for attendees
- WEBINAR PLATFORM
Please click here for some useful information and practical tips on how to navigate the webinar platform.
- CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
Certificates are complimentary for current LAWASIA members and a fee of AUD 10 will be applicable for non-members. To apply for LAWASIA membership, please click here.
If you require a certificate of attendance, please email the LAWASIA Secretariat after the webinar: email@example.com
Partner with us!
Collaborate with us & raise your international profile
Download the Webinar Sponsorship package for more details.
LAWASIA offers tailored advertising packages to suit every need. Please contact the LAWASIA Secretariat to discuss a customised advertising package today.
Become a member!
Membership of LAWASIA offers to individuals and their law firms the opportunity to interact on a regional basis, to build their knowledge and understanding of legal issues and to develop a network of colleagues throughout the world with a common interest in the practice of law in this region.