The Latest Situation of Asian Nations regarding Data Protection Laws - From a Comparative Perspective with GDPR and Chinese Data Protection Laws
Webinar jointly organised with the Tokyo Bar Association
The LAWASIA Communications, Technology, Data & Protection Committee and the Tokyo Bar Association, are pleased to invite the participation of members and legal professionals to join us for our upcoming webinar: The latest situation of Asian nations including Japan regarding data protection laws, from a comparative perspective with GDPR & Chinese data protection laws to be held online on Thursday 15 September 2022.
Recently, Asian nations including Japan, have been revising and updating their data protection laws and regulations upon receiving the influence of GDPR. China has also introduced new data protection-related laws and regulations from a little different point of view.
In light of these circumstances, we will hold two sessions as follows:
- Session 1 : Data protection laws of Singapore, the Philippines, Japan and Germany, from a comparative perspective with GDPR
- Session 2: Data protection laws of India, Indonesia, Japan and China, from a comparative perspective with Chinese data protection laws
Date: Thursday 15 September 2022
- 19:00 - 23:00 (Sydney / Melbourne)
- 18:00 - 22:00 (Seoul / Tokyo)
- 17:00 - 21:00 (Kuala Lumpur / Hong Kong / Beijing / Singapore)
- 16:00 - 20:00 (Hanoi / Phnom Penh / Bangkok / Vientiane)
- 14:30 - 19:30 (Delhi / Colombo)
- 11:00 - 15:00 (Paris / Berlin)
- 10:00 - 14:00 (London)
Notes for attendees
Please click here for some useful information and practical tips on how to navigate the webinar platform.
- CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
Certificates are complimentary for current LAWASIA members and a fee of AUD 10 will be applicable for non-members. To apply for LAWASIA membership, please click here.
If you require a certificate of attendance, please email the LAWASIA Secretariat after the webinar: email@example.com
Partner with us!
Collaborate with us & raise your international profile
Become a member!
Membership of LAWASIA offers to individuals and their law firms the opportunity to interact on a regional basis, to build their knowledge and understanding of legal issues and to develop a network of colleagues throughout the world with a common interest in the practice of law in this region.
Become a member