FDI in the Asia Pacific: A LAWASIA Perspective
LAWASIA’s FDI Breakfast Forum will focus on current and emerging legal issues in regard to foreign direct investment in the Asia Pacific, including regional trends and business relations. An expert panel of speakers will share their insights and cross-border experiences in FDI, followed by an open discussion in which delegates may pose questions to the panel.
Speaker presentations will cover a range of internationally relevant topics, such as:
- Comparative legal and regulatory frameworks.
- The impact of regional geopolitics on investment.
- Systems for cross-border arbitration and dispute resolution.
- Current ‘hot spots’ for FDI in the Asia Pacific.
- Future challenges and opportunities.
- Significant regional trends and their driving factors.
- Areas for legal development and regional collaboration.
- The role of lawyers’ associations and the courts in shaping FDI outcomes.
- Future skill requirements for legal practice in FDI.
- The changing needs and expectations of clients.
- Fostering ‘business-friendly’ legal environments.
- The professional mobility of FDI lawyers in the Asia Pacific.
Registration opens at 7:30am, with a banquet-style breakfast to be served from 7:45am.
Restricted access: Available to forum attendees only (password required).
Click to download: